|Sinister Six (film)|
|Producer(s):|| Avi Arad|
|Release:||November 11, 2016|
|← Previous||Next →|
| || |
The Sinister Six is a cancelled 2016 superhero film about the Sinister Six, and was to be written and directed by Drew Goddard.
It was intended to be the first spin-off film of the Amazing Spider-Man film series as an interquel between The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3. It was originally slated to be released on November 11, 2016.
To be added
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Paul Giamatti as Alex O'Hirn/Rhino
- Ben Kingsley as Sergei Kravinoff/Kraven the Hunter
- Matthew McConaughey as Dr. Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Zachary Quinto as Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- Despite the fact that The Amazing Spider-Man series will be rebooted, after Spider-Man was officially confirmed to be in Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that Andrew Garfield was fired, this film (along with Venom) is confirmed to still be in development.
- Since the remaining sequels in The Amazing Spider-Man series have been cancelled thus ending the series, it is most likely that Dane DeHaan's Green Goblin will not be featured in the film as the events that have taken place in the previous films are no longer cinematic continuity.
- The team's roster varied between Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture, Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, or even Scorpia (rather than Scorpion), or even Black Cat and Venom as potential members.
- Marc Webb confirmed that Norman Osborn would've returned in The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and along Drew Goddard, stated that could've extended to this film.
- Plot and script details varied that the film would have portrayed the Six, or at least one of it's members, as sympathetic (likely Harry Osborn), enough so that they would ultimately redeem themselves, to that Dr. Octopus would end up being the main antagonist, and that the Savage Land, a hidden island in the comics which was an ancient preserve to surviving prehistoric species hidden in Africa, would have been involved. In one draft, Spider-Man was said to even join forces with the Six against an interdimensional threat brought on by Doc Ock.
- It was confirmed the Venom symbiote would have debuted in this film, and one draft involved either Venom and Carnage serving as antagonists, or Spider-Man bonding with it to gain his black suit against the Six, and later dispelling it upon realizing it's negative influence, in which it would bond with Eddie Brock by the end of the film to set up the Venom spin-off.