|Sinister Six (film)|
|← Previous||Next →|
- “I heard you've made progress."
"I've found several worthy candidates. Now that Spider-Man's taken his leave, New York'll never be the same."
"Oh, I'm countin' on that."
"Speaking of progress, seems you're looking better, son."
""Eh, comes and goes, of course, I'd just as well use it while it still can do for me. Tell me more about your "candidates"."
"How many members did you hacve in mind, Mr. Osborn?"
"I wanna keep it small. Make it five, and I make SIX. Everything you need is already at Oscorp. So who's our first volunteer?"
"Aleksei Sytsevich. Apparently serving a life sentence. But after I passed over our offer, he's been most eager to join us."
"Good. We'll start with him.”
- ―Harry Osborn and Gustav Fiers[[The Amazing Spider-Man 2|[src]]]
Amazing Spider-Man Presents: The Sinister Six (alternatively titled just The Sinister Six) is a cancelled superhero film about the supervillain team of the same name. It was to be written and directed by Drew Goddard.
It was intended as the first spin-off film of the Amazing Spider-Man film series as an interquel between The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3. It was originally slated to be released on May 16, 2016.
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Paul Giamatti as Alexei Sytsevich/Rhino
- Shane West as Sergei Kravinov/Kraven the Hunter
- Matthew McConaughey as Dr. Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Zachary Quinto as Quentin Beck/Mysterio
- Tom Hardy as Flint Marko/Sandman
- Emily Blunt as Elaina Cole/Scorpia
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
- Michael Massee as Gustav Fiers/The Gentleman
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Finn Wittrock as Eddie Brock
- Sally Field as May Parker (cameo)
- Rhys Ifans as Dr. Curt Connors (cameo)
- B.J. Novak as Alistair Smythe
- Justin Chatwin as Ned Leeds
- Armie Hammer as Col. John Jameson
- Chris Zylka as Flash Thomson (cameo)
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson (cameo)
- Denzil Washington as Robbie Robertson (cameo)
- Olivia Wilde as Betty Brant (cameo)
- Gary Oldman as Dr. Miles Warren (cameo)
- Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy (cameo in photo and as ghost)
- Kari Coleman as Helen Stacy (cameo)
- Stan Lee as Himself (cameo) (he was still alive at the point)
- Despite the fact that The Amazing Spider-Man series will be rebooted, after Spider-Man officially confirmed to be in Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that Andrew Garfield was fired, this film was confirmed to be still in development (albeit is unlikely to feature the lineup as was intended for this movie, with rumors indicating it might use the incarnation lead by Boomerang during the Superior Spider-Man storyline)
- Since the remaining sequels in The Amazing Spider-Man series have been cancelled thus ending the series, it is most likely that Dane DeHaan will not be featured in the film as the events that have taken place in the previous films are no longer in continuity (at least with the MCU, while the Sony Marvel Universe has been intentionally vague).
- The team's roster varied between Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Vulture, Rhino, Mysterio, Sandman, or Scorpia (rather than Scorpion), or even Black Cat, Venom, or Electro as potential members.
- Avi Arad and Marc Webb confirmed that Norman Osborn would've returned in The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and backed by Andrew Garfield. stated that could've extended to this film.
- Plot and script details varied that the film would have portrayed the Sinister Six, or at least one of it's members as sympathetic (likely Harry Osborn, Felicia Hardy, or even Flint Marko) enough so that they would ultimately redeem themselves, to that Dr. Octopus would end up being the main antagonist. One draft indicated the Savage Land, which in the comics functioned as an ancient preserve to surviving prehistoric species hidden in Antarctica, would have been involved. The same Spider-Man was said to even temporarily join with the Six against an interdimensional threat brought on by Doc Ock.
- It was confirmed the Venom Symbiote would have debuted in this film, and one draft involved either Venom or Carnage serving as antagonists, or Spider-Man bonding with it to gain his Black suit against the Six, and later dispelling it upon realizing it's negative influence, in which it would bond with Eddie Brock by the end of the film to set up the Venom spin-off. Finn Wittrock and Alan Tudyk were in talks to appear as either.