|The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
Kurt Wimmer (story)
Marc Webb (story)
|← Previous||Next →|
The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is a cancelled 2018 superhero film that would have been the third installment in the Amazing Spider-Man film series and the sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2, directed by Marc Webb and starring Andrew Garfield, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Felicity Jones, and Chris Cooper.
It was said to focus on Spider-Man against the villainous team the Sinister Six in addition to being bonded to an alien symbiote, meanwhile meeting new friends in Mary Jane Watson and Eddie Brock and dealing with his grief from Gwen Stacy's death.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Felicity Jones as Felicia Hardy/Black Cat
- Sally Field as May Parker
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Paul Giamatti as Alexei Systevich/Rhino
- Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn/King Goblin
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. Otto Octavius/Doctor Octopus
- Matthew McConaughhey as Dr. Adrian Toomes/Vulture
In February 2014, Sony announced that Webb would return to direct the third Amazing Spider-Man film. In March 2014, Woodley told Total Films that she's unsure about appearing in the third film as Mary Jane. In April 2014, Den of Geek reported that the Spider-Slayers and Black Cat were lined up for future films. In May 2014, Webb expressed interest in seeing Kraven the Hunter as the villain in the film. In January 2015, Sony Pictures has announced that it will carry out a casting call through CBM, taking aim at Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan to return in the film. In February 2015, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and its sequels, including the spin-off's were officially cancelled, after Disney failing to reach a deal with Sony, the Spider-Man film series was originally going to continue without Marvel's involvement. However due to negative blacklash from fans. Sony and Disney renegaotied the deal and Development on the third Spider-Man MCU Film Spider-Man: No Way Home later began later that year.
- The film would've been the last of the series directed by Marc Webb, who would have remained as producer and creative consultant for all subsequent films following.
- The Sinister Six would have appeared as the villains of this film, and allegedly, Norman Osborn would have returned as the primary antagonist, becoming King Goblin.
- It's unknown what relationship the third film would have had with The Sinister Six as both were to feature the villainous team.
- Finn Wittrock was in talks to portray Eddie Brock in this film and J.K. Simmons was considered to reprise his role as J. Jonah Jameson from the previous film trilogy by Sam Raimi (which he would in Spider-Man: Far from Home as part of the MCU).
- Felicity Jones was planned to reprise her role as Felicia Hardy and would've assumed her alter ego, Black Cat, in this film.
- It was stated the Spider-Slayers were also planned for future installments, albeit unknown if it would be used for this movie. It's likely B.J. Novak's role as Alistair Smythe in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was to set this up.
- Venom was considered to be a villain in the film, although unknown in what capacity (be it the symbiote alone as Spider-Man's black suit or bonding to Eddie Brock).
- It was implied Gustav Fiers, a shady figure throughout the films, would be dead by this film or Sinister Six, before Michael Massee's actual death in 2016.
- Alan Tudyk was in talks to cameo as Cletus Kasady.
- Originally in a interview with the actor who played Gwen Stacy's dad, he claimed that the Dad would return but with super powers, and several other allies of Spiderman would have the same as well.
- As part of the move, Sony pushed back "The Amazing Spider-Man 3" by two years to 2018
- Analysts: Sony Needs More Bigscreen Franchises
- Shailene Woodley unsure she wants to be in The Amazing Spider-Man 3
- Spider Slayer and Black Cat set for future Spider-Man films
- Amazing Spider-Man 2 Exclusive: Marc Webb Interested In Kraven The Hunter As A Villain
- ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 3’ Movie Release Date, Cast Rumors & News: Andrew Garfield & Dane DeHaan Return in 2018 Film?